Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The resolution for next semester is to stop being a perfectionist! This trait had taken a toll on me because even though most of my assignments are group work I would still end up doing most of the work. It's because my English is the strongest among my groupmates. I'm not boasting, really. But when you have a Shanghainese girl and a UEC graduate from JB (they hardly speak any english even though Spore is nearer than KL), I ended up being the editor.

I don't mind actually cos I don't fancy having to search for information and write every down from point zero. Usually I'll just sit back and wait for them to compile everything and then I'll edit the report. My job is to rewrite the sentences to make it understandable and check for any errors.

Though sometimes it's really hard to understand what my groupmates are trying to convey and I would end up re-doing 80% of the assignment. Spending a lot of time in researching for additional information to support of points and what not. I try to keep the changes minimal because I do not want to offend them by changing too much. But usually I'll end up burning midnight oil to edit it while they can sleep at 11pm at night. Yes, I was so surprised when I found out that they sleep THAT early. LOL.

I realize that I sacrificed a lot of my time just to complete one assignment. Well, I'm starting to feel a lil unfair. But then again it's because of my stronghead-ness. They have volunteered to do certain things but I just can't let them handle it because I think in the end, I still need to do the editing and re-doing part again.

But for next semester, I'll TRY to let them handle the assignments. For the sake of my health =/

No comments: