Saturday, December 27, 2008

20081220-23 Pulau Langkawi

I wanted to write about our trip to Langkawi but I just ended up staring at the monitor with nothing on my mind. Blank. I didn't want to write like a 'oh we did this and then that' kind of post. I mean, it's kind of boring at times. And it'll be bloody draggy. Just like an essay. I want a clean cut post. Straight to the point.

Oh, forget about that. I'll do the 'oh we did this and then that' post. But I promise I'll try not to be draggy.

So we stayed at this place called Nadias Inn at Chenang Beach (somehow I kept saying 'bridge' everytime I try to say 'beach'). We went three places on the first day, which is Langkawi Cable Car, Makam Mahsuri and Kuah Town.

I'm telling ya Langkawi Cable Car is the place to go, if you're not afraid of heights of course. It's located at Gunung Machinchang. The view from the peak station, which is 710 m tall is magnificient. Very, very strong wind at certain point.

The view from one of the peak station.
See those tiny white dots?
It's yachts.

Then Makam Mahsuri which we didn't visit it actually. We ended up sleeping in the bus with few others because we didn't get any actual sleep the previous night due to erm.. certain people. So no comment on this one. Though I don't find it appealing during my last visit.

Next stop was Kuah town, the 'duty-free heaven'. LOL. This is the place we did most of the chocolate and liquor hunting. It's abit like Bt Tinggi. Ya know, shop lots. So we did some survey to get the cheapest chocolates and liquor. Though the prices doesn't differ much. Just by a few ringgit.

That night we rented a kancil for RM60 per day so that we could drive to Kuah Town the next day to do some shoppings. Credits to Nicole and Balraj for walking a long way to find for a car. Since it's peak season now, Chenang Beach is swamped with tourists. Mostly ang mohs and a few Koreans.

Then the following day we woke up early in the morning to watch sun rise. After waiting for about 20 minutes? Correct me if I'm wrong. I have terrible sense of time. We didn't get to see the sun rise because some mini island or trees or whatever was blocking our way. But it was alright. It's been a while since I last saw the sun rising.


That's Balraj emo-ing XD

After that we went island hopping with the rest of the group. Except for Gary's gang and 'the bunch'. ROFL. The places that we went were Pulau Dayang Bunting, eagle feeding watching at Pulau Singa Besar and some remote island which I have no idea what the name is.

At first I didn't plan to take a dip but the sun was scorching hot and Pei Li looked like she's having the time of her life. So what the heck? I paid RM35 for this! The boat ride is definately rougher compared to Pangkor's. And that meant fun.

After our BBQ dinner prepared by the Inn we did abit of exploring along the street. There's this small stores that sells souvenirs and clothes. You can find ciplak Roxy and some other 'branded' goods. I couldn't resist to buy a cookie monster and an Elmo tee for me nephews. I had a hard time deciding which character for whom. So the simplest solution? Nicole asked which is more naughty. Adam of course. So I ended up choosing the cookie monster tee for him. There's also bistro/cafe/restaurant-like places with awesome interiors. Too bad I didn't snap any photos. We checked out the prices and it's kind of decent. Just like those cafe's mushrooming around Bt Tinggi.

Then we headed out to Chenang Beach armed with junk food and alcohol, along with Pn Salwati. We did alot of gossiping there. Korek info from her like there's no tomorrow. Until Melissa felt light-headed and I was high already. LOL. I have very low alcohol tolerance.

Next morning we check out at 10am and headed towards Kuah Town again and did last minute shopping. Then we proceeded to the jetty. Inside the departure hall waiting for our 1.45 ride, Pn Sal told us that apparently a ferry collapsed near Pulau Tuba or something. Thank God nothing of that sort happened during our ride. LOL. Or I won't be typing this now.

Overall, I think the trip was enjoyable. We had time for ourselves. Instead of just sitting in the bus to every location. We get to explore a lil' bit. I guess this is what you call independant huh? LOL.

See, this is the 'oh we did this and then that' type of post. Bloody long right? It's like writing essay entitled 'What I did during school holiday'. LOL. Don't care lah. It's 4 in the morning. I need to be at the sis house at 8.30am to babysit my nephews. Die.

Btw dedication to Kong Sze Tzing!

Happy belated 19th birthday!
You lah! Who ask you not to follow us to Langkawi?!
Then we can celebrate together mah!

Berubinlah~

No comments: