Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Please acknowledge this.

This is so irritating! I've lost all my contacts in both Windows Live Messenger and my hotmail account! It's all thanks to the spam emails that I 'supposedly' had sent out to everyone in my contact list. I didn't think that it's serious until my contact list in MSN disappeared seconds after logging in. So whoever that's reading this, please do not, I repeat, DO NOT REPLY OR OPEN THE LINK in all those emails my email account sent because I did not send those emails out to you guys.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this is the emails that's been sent out to everyone in my contact list:

how are you
I would like to introduce you a very good trade company . I bought the electronic products from them recently.
All the products are original and high quality .and they have good after-sales-service.
Please take some time to have a look: www.nimoyf.com .May be you can get more profit.
E-mail:nimoyf@vip.188.com

or

Heya,
how are you doing recently ? I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew.Their website is www.packstrade.com .They can offer you all kinds of ,Fleece , Child Jacket,Fendi bag ,LV bag ,Chanel bag Gucci bag ,products which you need like that products etc........Please take some time to have a check ,there must be somethings you 'd like to purchase .
Their contact email: packstrade01@188.com. MSN: packstrade@hotmail.com
Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company


Please mark it as phishing scam under the 'mark as' drop down menu.


I don't know if it's a virus in my system or if it's infectious. So for safety purposes, I'm giving you guys heads up in case you guys are facing the same thing. Change your password information. Check your vaction replies. Check your personal signatures. And go seek help from windowslivehelp.com

And from what I've read there, a lot of people is facing the same problem. Though they have different email contents sent out to their contacts. But it's the same symptoms:
Scam mails + contacts list deleted + vacation settings.

So, I'm sorry for all the inconvenience caused. I just want to make sure that those emails sent out are not doing any harm to any of you guys' email account. Thanks.

2 comments:

Kaylie.SookYee said...

oops.. ya,i saw that email.. i felt weird when i received that email fro u. LOL. So are u changing a new email add?

Rubin said...

as of now, i dont think so.
but maybe will if the problem persist.
i'll let you know if i do =)